The MacRobert Memorial Hall (The Tarland Hall to many) was built on the site of the former Cromar Hall in Tarland Square. Opened in 1953, it was gifted to the community by Lady MacRobert.
It was closed in 2011 for a major renovation and, since reopening in May 2012, has continued to be a centre for community activities, concerts, markets, meetings, functions and stage performances.
The MacRobert Hall Tarland, is suitable for weddings, dance classes, jumble sales, ceilidhs, concerts, drama productions and so much more….
The main Tarland Hall has a large stage equipped with lighting and sound systems (including an induction loop). The Small Hall adjoins the Main Hall and includes a fully approved kitchen with seating for around 40. The Upper Hall is ideal for small functions, parties, and meetings and has a built-in projector and screen for presentations and film shows. In addition, it has a small kitchen.
The Tarland Hall is run on behalf of the community by the Tarland Welfare Trust, a group of volunteers who give their time to help promote and look after the hall.