Community Cinema Co-ordinator
Deadline Wednesday 18 December 2019
North East Arts Touring (NEAT) is a registered charity and promotes professional theatre performances and film screenings across the North East via a team of Volunteer Promoters. NEAT also runs a Young Promoter Scheme to empower young people to promote professional events and learn event management skills.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: £13.54 per hour
Pension: At statutory rate
Hours of work: 15 hours per week
Base: The Barn, Burn O’Bennie, Banchory, AB31 5QA
Period of contract: Fixed until 30 June 2021
Period of notice: 1 month
Holiday entitlement: 28 days including bank holidays pro rata
Subject to PVG Check: Yes
Probation Period: 3 months
The Community Cinema Co-ordinator will ensure the smooth day to day running and development of the rural cinema network. Supervised and supported by the Executive Director, they will provide programming, marketing and promoter support and audience development to our Volunteer Promoters and oversee development opportunities for the scheme across the region.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Executive Director and other NEAT staff to:
- Manage all aspects of the rural screening network.
- Develop new voluntary promoters across the region to screen DCP events as well as DVD screenings.
- Keep accurate records of participating communities.
- Develop a diverse menu of films for promoters to select their programme from including independent films and source appropriate screening licences.
- Work with promoters (both existing and new) to develop a diverse programme of events in their venues and across the region.
- Keep promoters informed of opportunities for screenings, funding, training etc.
- Ensure that promoters keep accurate audience and financial records for the scheme.
- Develop and manage the screening network pages of NEAT’s website.
- Work with the Administration Assistant to develop and populate social media presence for the Cinema Screening Network.
- Ensure screening equipment is fully operational and maintained regularly.
- Collate information required by funders in line with the any funding conditions.
- Report to the Board, funders and partners as required.
- Work with the Office Manager to monitor the budget allocated to the screening network and report to the Executive Director as required.
- Work with the Young Promoter Co-ordinator to develop film screenings as part of our Young Promoter Scheme.
- Build relationships with fellow professionals, film licensing bodies, venues, promoters, funders and increase the profile of the NEAT Cinema scheme.
- Carry out any new or additional duties commensurate with the post and any relevant tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
Conditions of Service
This post is a fixed term contract until 30 June 2021. The post is part time at 15 hours per week. The hours should be worked over 2 days per week, however flexible working can be negotiated. Some evening and weekend work may be involved for which time in lieu can be taken. No overtime will be paid, but the role will benefit from our Flexible working policy.
The Community Cinema Co-ordinator will be managed by the Executive Director.
The Community Cinema Co-ordinator will be employed under the PAYE system. There is a pension scheme which the postholder may choose to join.
It may be possible for a freelance contract to be offered to an individual.
January 2020 or no later than Monday 10 February 2020
Apply & Further Information
To apply please complete our online application below
In order to monitor the effectiveness of our equal opportunities policy, all applicants are asked to complete our Equal Opportunities Questionnaire, the information you provide does not in any way form part of our selection process.
If you have any questions or would like an informal discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact:
Emyr Bell, 01330 826525 or email@example.com
Applications to be received by 12 noon on Wednesday 18 December 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 14 January 2020