Live Life Aberdeenshire Summer Reading Challenge is completely different this year as it is not just about reading!
The challenge is fully accessible online for you to enjoy in the comfort of your home, garden or local area, all you must do is register. By simply signing up online you will be taken on a journey filled with fun, fantasy and action-packed activities for children and families of all ages and interests. It will not only encourage you to access their digital library and read, listen and share books, it will also provide you with exciting sport, physical, arts, craft, outdoor challenges linked to themes such as fantasy island, big read picnic and so much more.
The Challenge will start on Monday 22nd June and will run until Saturday 22nd August 2020.
Taking up the Challenge!
• Participant(s) taking part will download a passport from the Live Life Aberdeenshire website – https://www.livelifeaberdeenshire.org.uk/live-life-at-home/
• We ask that they all register to take part via our online sign-up form.
• For Children/Family/Friends, they have their own online passport and submit an entry individually and/or as a group.
• For Young People, they can download their own passport and submit when completed.
• The online interactive passport will have circles to keep track of the books they have read and challenges/activities they have completed.
• The completed passport will then be entered into a draw to win signed books by various authors and many more exciting prizes. This would be uploaded to an email outlined on the website or send to Libraries HQ, address below.
Participants are invited to create a picture postcard of an activity you enjoy doing at home or in your local area and we ask you to include a rainbow in your design. This could be a rainbow path if you are on a walk, a rainbow ball whilst playing football or any other sport, riding your rainbow bike, reading a rainbow book in your bedroom. There are many more you can think of we are sure.
This is open to all children whether they are taking part in the challenge or not.
Four winners will be selected, one from each age group – Pre-School, P1 to P4, P5 to P7 and S1+, who will then receive a prize. The winning postcards will be made available on our website to view and download for sending to friends and family.